Sorts of hosting solutions
A hosting solution pertains to saving and/or sharing certain content on a server managed by a web hosting provider. There are different classes of hosting services used for various goals, so let's review these. Thus, you can pick what you want, based on whether you'd like to build a site, mailbox accounts, or to share files with friends and partners.
- File hosting: a service provided by various vendors, which enables you to share large files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole aim is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a table of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage packages frequently involve advertisements beside the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a given spell of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you purchase a paid file hosting plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limit when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting vendors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly untrue interpretation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would share the load between autonomous sets of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending miscellaneous hosting services (electronic mail, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a variety of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; some providers offer a hosting service for pictures solely. This hosting type is suitable if you want to share a huge number of images with buddies or colleagues since the service is typically free of cost. You will receive a random link for every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for websites.
- Email hosting: a solution devoted to administering your email addresses. Some firms provide hosting solutions for websites, but do not offer an e-mail service. If you desire to have an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to have a site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you need. You can set up email mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a specific video, or you can embed the video in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of availing of this method in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video file brings about a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a few videos and a few hundred website viewers, you may have a hard time with your web space hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will allow you to run as many video files as you want to without worrying about system supplies.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you require if you wish to own a website. To a certain extent, it contains all of the abovementioned hosting varieties since, along with your web sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can set up databases and email box accounts, upload videos, etc. At Free Hostia, for instance, you can take a gaze at web hosting and dedicated hosting accounts that enable you to have all of the aforementioned services in one single location. There may be restrictions depending on the sort of hosting solution that you've picked - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your website hosting account may be better or worse compared with the regular email/file/video/image hosting packages that are purposed for specific web content solely.